Delaware County, Indiana

Discover Delaware County - an east central Indiana community of opportunity

Contact Us

Steve Minnick,
Building Commissioner/Zoning Administrator

  • Phone: (765) 747-7799
  • Fax: (765) 747-7744
  • Staff Directory
  • Office Hours:
    Monday - Friday
    8:30AM to 4.00PM

In this Department

More Information

DMMPC - Building Commissioner & Zoning Administrator

DMMP Sites: DMMPC Home Planning & Zoning | Building & Code Enforcement | Transportation Planning

The Delaware County Building Commissioners office issues permits for new or additions to Structures, Demolition of Structures, Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC for projects that are located in the unincorporated area of Delaware County.  There are fees associated with all permits as well as penalties for non-compliance, please contact the office for more information.  General contractors, electrical, plumbing and HVAC contractors working within the unincorporated Delaware County are required to register annually with the office.   

The Delaware County Zoning Administration enforces the Delaware County Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance and The Code of the County of Delaware, Indiana.  This includes but is not limited to the following types of issues: Unsafe structures, junk cars, construction without permits, and non-conforming uses of a property.  The Zoning Administrator also issues sign permits and enforces the sign ordinance.

Click Here to Access Delaware County Permits & Application Documents

Click Here to Access the 2019 Residential Contractor Registration Application

Contact information for other jurisdictions within Delaware County:

City of Muncie, Rick Lorrison 765-747-4862     Town of Yorktown, Matt Ray 765-759-0142

Town of Albany, 765-789-6112                       Town of Daleville, Dan Ashton 765-378-6288

Town of Eaton, 765-396-3980                         Town of Gaston, 765-358-4005

Town of Selma, Alan Dudley 765-289-0226      Town of Chesterfield, 765-378-3331

  • Recent

News & Notices