Thank you for visiting the Delaware County Assessor's Home Page. I hope that this new site helps you with all of your assessing questions and needs. There are fact sheets about assessing, downloadable forms, as well as contact information for your local assessing official. Please look our site over and make suggestions on things you would like to see.
The County Assessors Office is responsible for assessing of all real and personal property within Delaware County. The County Assessor shall keep the assessment data and records current by securing the necessary field data and making changes in the assessed value of real property as changes occur in its use. The assessment of property is in accordance with the rules of the State Board of Tax Commissioners. Assessing officials must follow the rules of the State Board of Tax Commissioners in making any assessment or reassessment of real property.
In addition, the County Assessor provides the following services:
- Keep information on residential & commercial property;
- Provide all forms for filing of personal property;
- Locating owners of properties;
- Assist in variances for people doing additions to property;
- Provide tax identification numbers; and
- Keep plat maps current with deed changes.